Advertisment

Customer Sues Chopt Restaurant After Finding Severed Finger in Salad

author-image
Salman Akhtar
New Update
Customer Sues Chopt Restaurant After Finding Severed Finger in Salad

In a shocking incident, a lawsuit has been filed against the restaurant Chopt and Founders Table, following a customer's horrifying discovery of a severed part of a finger in her salad. The unsettling occurrence took place in a New York restaurant when the manager accidentally chopped off part of her finger while cutting arugula. This gruesome event was detailed in the lawsuit filed in Westchester County Supreme Court.

Advertisment

Significant Health Violation

According to the lawsuit, the manager immediately rushed to the hospital, leaving behind the contaminated arugula in the service line. The incident not only violated basic restaurant hygiene and safety but also led to serious personal injuries to the customer. The victim, identified as Allison Cozzi, suffered from stress, cognitive impairment, and physical discomfort following the incident. The local Health Department swiftly issued a ticket to Chopt for violating health regulations, a charge the restaurant did not contest.

Seeking Justice

Advertisment

Cozzi's lawyer stated that the incident was a clear deviation from safe food preparation practices and deserves significant compensation. The lawsuit highlights the serious consequences of negligence in the food industry, which led to the traumatic experiences endured by Cozzi. Following the incident, she suffered from shock, panic attacks, migraines, nausea, dizziness, and neck and shoulder pain, as a result of eating the contaminated salad.

No Response from Chopt

Despite the seriousness of the allegations, Chopt has remained silent on the lawsuit. It is yet to be seen how the restaurant chain will respond to this grievous accusation. Meanwhile, Cozzi is seeking unspecified damages under state law, indicating an impending legal battle over the issue. This incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of maintaining strict hygiene standards in the food industry, a responsibility that restaurants and food chains cannot afford to ignore.

Advertisment
Advertisment